Modicon 984 Plc

Modicon 984 Plc
Hi,
I am facing a disturbing problem here in 132 MW power plant. Maximum ambient temperature is +45C and humidity is about 55% to 70% and PLC pannels are in Engine room, some times engines trip with out any reason/alarm and restarted again, I feel the behaviour of the PLC power supply is not correct. If any of you have such experience please tell me the remedy.

Also there are about 117 instruments (sensors) such as thermocoples, PT-100s, pressure transducers are installed on each engine and there are total 9 engines. If any one have some calculations of persentage instruments malfuntions allowed with PLC please urgently send it to me. I shall be thankful.
Regards to all
Shahid Iftikhar

The PLC should NOT fail. None of 984 I/O boards should fail either. I have actually been to the product assurance labs at Modicon and have had three products tested there. Two for the 984 and one for the Quantum. They tested to 60 degrees C and much higher humidity. If I remember right, the humidity was tested to 90% humidity. However, it is still possible that the PLC you has a chip that is failing. Nothing last forever and bad things happen.