STEP 7 hardware update installation

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

I've been using STEP 7 v5.3+HF2.
I tried to open one STEP 7 project that was sent to me. When opened, I saw the windows "Modules which cannot be displayed with by the installed version of STEP7: (Status= X: HW Update available).

I have downloaded HW Updates from the Internet (it took a while), but still cannot open CP 343-1. Is it possible that version is too old? In the same table I can see that version is STEP 7 v5.4 SP1.
That is odd. Why do I have to have newer version to open properties of the hardware? Why HW update is not enough?

Thanks

HW_update.JPG

Why it is so is for Siemens to know.
Because there is a reasonable technical explanation ?
Because Siemens wants to extort software update fees out of hapless STEP7 users ?
Whatever the reason, you have no other option than to fork over the dough.

In short, I need to buy an upgrade to the existing installation?
I'm not happy at all...

if the hardware configured and used in project is newer than software, there is no way around it, one has to upgrade. some upgrades are free (service packs and hot fixes), others are not (like moving from 5.3 to 5.4).

we used 5..3 to 5.4 upgrade (6ES7810-4CC08-0YE5) some two years ago and it was about $700CAD.