Simatic S7 UDT

harshmakar

Hii,
myself Harsh, new with Simatic S7,
Please ignore if I am wrong but need help on UDT.
I have 75 digital Alarms,
Rung Logic is exactly same for all,
I am using 1 IP to produce alarm,
1 common IP for reset and Acknowledgement,

Please suggest me how to make a FB for Alarm or No. Of alarms using UDT and In and Out parameters.

Please refer attachment.

IMG_20180413_104506.jpg

Why a UDT? Wouldn't an array of Bool be much easier to work with, particularly if you need to count alarms?
Thank u , I appreciate your quick response,
UDT & FB useful as I am using same logic repeat for 75 no of times,
And frankly speaking, I am new in S7, so don't know about array,

The UDT can have an array in it or you can have an array of UDTs. Which is probably closer to what you want.

You could have one FB that only deals with 8 or 10 alarms at a time.

Inside of the FB, you'd have a FOR Loop that would run through the inputs and process with what was inside the array.

Have a read through arrays first... I think your problem is how you can avoid replicating logic for all 75 alarms.

The UDT can have an array in it or you can have an array of UDTs. Which is probably closer to what you want.

You could have one FB that only deals with 8 or 10 alarms at a time.

Inside of the FB, you'd have a FOR Loop that would run through the inputs and process with what was inside the array.

Have a read through arrays first... I think your problem is how you can avoid replicating logic for all 75 alarms.
Yes what you understand is correct, I will read about array and will try to solve the same, can you plz mail me the detail procedure or sample , [email protected], thanx once again for your valuable response on time