GE Rx3i BEM331 and GBI001 Communication

You were able to establish communications with a GBI001 through a USB/serial converter? I've never been able to do that on a Windows 7 laptop and I've tried several different brands of converters. My Windows XP laptop has a serial port so that's what I use when I need to communicate with a GBI001.

Steve I am using a Tripp-Lite CPXX URT Chip with good results windows 7 and 10. I would stay away from the Prolific Chip ones as to the Chinese clones circulating with driver issues. . A Good CPXX URT Chip or FTDI should work without issues..

If you can take a photo of your configuration again maybe the front of the GBI001 all should be green, and you can also look at the Fault Table on the RX3i as it will have some useful information if there is a fault in the I/O. Make sure you selected the correct Chassis under the Modules in your configuration and make sure the PLC is in Run. Don't forget to power cycle after downloading configuration to the module. Not sure what kind of Communication cable you are using but doesn't look like standard serial wire used for genius.. I never used anything but the recommended so don't know how others perform.

GBI001 fault light is yellow.how i can check what is fault.
Connected through GE cable but in proficy me cant see the table.

Restart is done after config.

Does Either of the Remote I/O have all Status LED Green? or is both Have a yellow Fault?

At the moment checking only one remote IO (Not 21).Because there is no power for that panel at the moment.

All lights are green except fault which amber stable light.

I/O configuration looks OK in the file you sent. No overlaps in the addressing.
Let me make sure I understand your issue. Please confirm if the following is correct.
1. You get no data from the analog input modules
2. The analog output modules do not respond to the values you put into the %AQ memory.
3. When you use only the discrete I/O modules everything works fine.

I suggest you try to upload the configuration from each GBI001 to make sure you successfully downloaded what you think you did.

I expressed surprise with your success using a USB/serial converter because the converters I have tried have all worked with every other serial device I have needed them for. The only device I have encountered that failed to communicate using my USB/serial converter has been the GBI001. My only customer that used them has converted from Genius to Profinet so I

Yes you are correct.

No value for AI.
No Amps for AO if write value.
DI DO working fine.

Download and upload many times even clear than again download. No success.

Module lights are ok.I cant say module are faulty.

I was searching for serial laptop as you mentioned in first post but i was not able to find it.so i tried it with convertor and it works fine.

Maybe only thing I can see is double check the jumper settings with the module properties to make sure they are correct. Double check to make sure you have the correct Chassis and power supply as listed in your configuration. I guess the other thing make sure your Status %I doesn't overlap with another %I in your controller or Variables as it needs a valid place to return Fault since you have them enabled. something to double check..

https://digitalsupport.ge.com/commu...stem-Config-Mismatch-with-IC200ALGXXX-Modules