AC Drive Comms Problems

mrdegold

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello again
My problem of the moment is I have 2 ABB ACS 600 drives on a modbus network to an AB SLC 505 processor through a pro soft card.
On the 2nd com channel on the prosoft card are PID loop controllers.
One of these drives is a 400 hp running 200 hp worth of motors and the other is running a 5 hp feeder motor.
These drives have been running and communicating for about 2 years.
About 4 hours ago or so I started receiving comms errors from both drives which is expected since they are on the same prosoft channel.
On the ABB NMBA field buss adapter at first I was getting the received and error light flashing which the book tells me to replace the field buss adapter so I swap both. I also replaced the Fiber optic cables for good measure.
I replaced the Adapter that mounts to the drive itself and now I am getting from the 400 hp the same received and error light flashing and from the 5 HP just the error light is flashing which the book tells me is the fiber link, which is new.
I have almost no knowledge on modbus comms and would appreciate any help I can get please use small words so I can hopefully understand
My machine is down
Thanks