90 day trial rslogix 5000 download?

Sherlock4me

Hey guys,

It may be a beaten dead horse, but does anyone have any recent information as to whether or not a legit link may exist for the free trial download of offline RsLogix 5000? I searched on AB but found nothing
The latest info I found here led to:

http://freeplcsoftware.com/

which linked us to ab; which has expired as far as I can tell.
Thanks as always!

9-23-2014

The words FREE and Rockwell do not normally exists in the same document. From what I was told by my AB guy there is no free trail or versions of RSL 5K.

There at one time was a "Demo" version of RSLogix 5000. It was version 15 or so. It could only be used offline and I think couldn't be attached to a real controller. Rockwell used to issue licenses for 30 days or so for customers to evaluate the software. I don't know if they still do this. Call your local RA office or distributor to find out.

That agrees with my recollection; I think there were demo versions of v15 and v17 that ran for 30 or 90 days on a restricted license.

RA kept careful records on the number of users who eventually bought a license after downloading the demo, and the percentage was dismal. Spot audits showed that most of the "demo" users were simply circumventing the expiration mechanism and pirating the software.

RSLogix 5000 does run for 7 days in "Grace Period" mode.

Thanks,
looks like I sent you a simultaneous message. I wouldn't know how to pirate and wouldn't if I did but thanks for the response

Studio 5000 has 7 days grace period which means it can run without a license for 7 days.

What I tend to do If I had no access to RA activation is I installed it on a VM and if the grace period expired i installed it again on a fresh copy of VM.

It will take about an hour to install it so it is not that bad.
And obviously you will have that annoying Activation Reminder popup every few hours!!!

Necro-ing a post from 2014 to share tips on how to avoid Rockwell's license protection :ROFLMAO:

My distributor is still able to get their hands on 30 day licenses, but they don't hand them out like candy any more that's for sure.

Necro-ing a post from 2014 to share tips on how to avoid Rockwell's license protection :ROFLMAO:

My distributor is still able to get their hands on 30 day licenses, but they don't hand them out like candy any more that's for sure.

I was granted a few 30 day licenses to complete projects as I waited for what seemed like an eternity to get my Toolkit application processed. Distributors do have easy access, but they aren't really in the business of handing out free samples.

they aren't really in the business of handing out free samples.

Yeah in most instances they are helping us get started on setup for a job when the software is delayed. They are much more willing to part with them when you're a longtime partner that gives them a ton of money already in hardware sales haha. Random Joe going in and asking for a 30 day license to experiment with the software has about a 0% chance of landing one.

Our rep said no trial versions because we have the Pro versions. I wanted to test run a lesser version of Studio 5000 to see if it would be fitting for one of our guy's. Rockwell said we need to buy it, and if we don't like it, we can remove it from our Tech Connect Support Agreement.

Free and Rockwell isn't all that common. They are lightening up a bit tho. Three of us went to a Rockwell safety update class, which was like 2 hours. Cost was about $290.00 each, but we got about $4,500.00 in safety hardware in total. I thought that was a good deal.