2711_RP1 Rs232 question :)

jasil

I can make a DF-1 driver in linx and see the panelview, but when I open factorytalk and copy the running configuration on my laptop I don't get my DF-1 driver.

Do I have to manually add this? If so how?

If I want to download to the unit via rs232 I can't ever get a DF-1 path to show up in the transfer utility portion to do that.

I want to prove to myself I can do via rs232 because I run into this from time to time even though 95% of the equipment is Ethernet.

**My brain is too small I can only function with IP RS232 kills me everytime**

I can make a DF-1 driver in linx and see the panelview, but when I open factorytalk and copy the running configuration on my laptop I don't get my DF-1 driver.

Do I have to manually add this? If so how?

So you can get the DF-1 driver to see the panelview from your desktop and you want to do it from your laptop?

If that's the right question, there is a hamrony.rsh file that rslinx uses to store information like that. You can't copy it from your desktop to your laptop ... but you can export the file from your desktop to a file and import that on your laptop. It works maybe 10% of the time for me. I usually end up having them both open at the same time and configuring them the same way.

Or you can open your laptop and set up the df-1 driver on the usb-to-serial port manually. It will grab the first com port it finds, which is usually the mouse, or trackball, or touchpad. If you open your control panel on your laptop you should be able to find the USB to serial port number under PORTS ... depending on which version of windows you are using

If you have an ACTUAL serial port on your laptop, choose that one.