Kinetix 6500 Config

kjacoby

Good morning,
I am currently setting up a new 6 axis Kinetix 6500 using RS5000 20.01. In my program I already set up the axis', and the electrician wired them up differently than I planned. When I go into the settings, and change the axis, from 6 to 4, the motion type changes to feedback only, and will not allow me to change back to position. Is this something AB did on purpose, to prevent the axis from being changed accidentally, and causing unexpected movement? If not, is there any way to change this back to a position move, without deleting the axis' that are already setup, and starting over?

Thanks

I was trying it with an offline file. I went ahead and swapped cables around to get it going. I would still like to know if it is possible to swap axis numbers without deleting the configuration and starting over.

Thanks

I was trying it with an offline file. I went ahead and swapped cables around to get it going. I would still like to know if it is possible to swap axis numbers without deleting the configuration and starting over.

Thanks

Swap - One Way - Export the Project to L5K
- Find the Axis and change the Axis numbers over