Red Lion Crimson Emulator

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
I have to make some changes to a system that uses a Red Lion controller to read data from several barcode scanners and pass that data to a PLC. I have a spare barcode scanner and PLC, but I don't have a spare Red Lion controller so I thought I'd try the emulator. When I run the emulator it can see the PLC bit that triggers the script I need to modify, but it doesn't appear that the script is actually executed. I went so far as to insert a line at the start of the script to write "Hello" to a string tag, but I don't see "Hello" as the value for the tag.

Does the emulator run scripts?

Steve it will run in the emulator. When I have issues with s script running I add a tag at the start of the program (START++) and another at then end (END++)
Everytime the script scans the START tag it will add 1 to the current value the same with END. So you shiuld se them increment. A simple tag on the screen will save you a bunch of time troubleshooting a problem that isn't a problem.

Jeff that is a great idea. I've never actually done it that way and I'm now kicking myself for how much time I've wasted in the past.

Steve,

Yes the crimson emulator runs scripts. In my experience, it should function exactly as a real world screen.