RSLinx networking

Jacko20

Hi Guys,

I want to setup RSLinx network communications, but I don't have any Allen bradley equipment at home!

Can anyone tell me whether I should be able to see other equipment on the network (even if it is an unrecognized device). I just want to prove I have the network communications set correctly.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I want to setup RSLinx network communications, but I don't have any Allen bradley equipment at home!

Can anyone tell me whether I should be able to see other equipment on the network (even if it is an unrecognized device). I just want to prove I have the network communications set correctly.

Cheers

Yes. You should be able to ping all of the equipment on your ethernet network, in the same subnet. Nothing on devicenet, controlnet, profibus, etc

If you have a managed switch, you should be able to configure for multiple subnets.

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Not so sure if there is a way to get the IP linked with the EDS profile in RSLinx unless there is an initial connection.