AB Software Assitance requested

Mylo

Hi all,

Have a little problem that i am seeking assistance on, We have a integration job at the moment whereas the OEM has provided me with his PLC program to illustrate how his components/process should be implemented and controlled by ourselves when we build the system, to this end he has provided schematics a GA's etc. However the software he has provided is an "RS Logix 500 SLC Project File" and a "PBA File". My problem is I don't have nor intend purchasing any AB software as we shall be using Siemens for this job. Hence can any of you guys "Print" in PDF format or other this software so that I may read and understand such, I Don't want software for free, I would just like the software in a format that I can read, not program.

If any of you AB wizards have a little bit of time to assist on this I would appreciate it, I understand with Siemens and others it can take a bit of time to "Print" of PLC projects, but I would appreciate it !!

Cheers,

Mylo

P.s. I don't wish to re-ask the OEM for assistance as long story short, it's a bit embaressing
:) :) :)

Ok, I can make a PDF for you if you need.
ZIP and PM.

But I warn you about the PanelBuilder32 listing. It is not very good (awful actually).
Hope you can make any sense of it.

I would try to persuade the customer to accept your way of doing it.
He should concentrate on specifying WHAT you should provide, not HOW you do it. As he probably has AB in mind, making an S7 solution the same way will not give him any advantages.
To my opinion, its the INTERFACES that are important in such cases.
Operator interface, networking interface, proces interlocks etc..

After rereading your post

OK OK OK, its not the customer, its your subsupplier !

You have to make the control in S7. Normally he would provide the control, but with AB in stead.

Then to send program listings as a how-to-do-it seems a bit poor to me. Doesnt he have a functional description of the system ?

But do send the AB programs, and I will PDF them for you :)