FTVS Writing -1 to Integer when it should write 1

JZerb

so as im designing some HMI screens here im working through testing some of the INFORMATION MESSAGES i have setup and i have found an issue. When the .mer, or just using the test diaplay in FTVS ME, should be writing a 1 to an HMI tag thats attached to an N7 data file, its writing a -1 instead of just a 1. it first happened to me with the ACK button on the INFORMATION MESSAGES screen, but to make sure i could replicate the issue i just setup a Momentary Push Button in FTVS and i can watch when testing the display the button writes a -1 to the integer file that it should be writing a 1 to. anyone have any insight on this issue? thanks!

-1 is that all bits of integer are "1" state.
Are you writing with bit command to full N7 integer variable?

You maybe need to convert N7 to individual bits on HMI side and attach these invidual bits to buttons.
Or if you can use word command on button, then write "1" to N7 data.

-1 is that all bits of integer are "1" state.
Are you writing with bit command to full N7 integer variable?

i am writing to N7:0. i usually an N7 register to trigger alarm or message values on the HMI, N7:0 for INFORMATION MESAGES, N7:1 for ALARMS so figured i could write FROM the HMI in the same manner, but it seems as if it handles it a different way as you just said above.

You maybe need to convert N7 to individual bits on HMI side and attach these invidual bits to buttons.
Or if you can use word command on button, then write "1" to N7 data.

Is your tag setup in the HMI with Data Type > integer

I have had problems when leaving the tag set as default.

Data Type.PNG