Breaking up .DATA into two arrarys

garlantm

Hello All,

First of all I am using an AB Logix 5571 revision 30.

I am trying to use a FBC to tell me which slave is unplugged in order. The original Way that i did this was to move the .LEN from a string to a FBC where I could compare it in 3 arrays(please see the picture below). The problem I am now having is that what I need to compare is 64 bits and not 32 bits like the original program. To do this I had to move it form the .LEN of the string to the actual .DATA this gives me plenty of space but I cannot figure out how to divide it in half (use two FBC commands instead of 1).

Please note image 1 is how I would like to devide the .Data
image 2 is how this was done with the .LEN of a string
image 3 is how I would like to do it now. But it is not working

Thank you

1.PNG

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hello,

I do not really know how to make the picture bigger, But I will export the routine if that helps? If you cannot open it then please let me know and I will try to resize my pictures somehow.

Thank you,

I think your problem might be the COP instruction. The length in the COP instruction is based of the size of the destination elements. You are copying 4 dints worth of data into your dint array from the array of 4 sints. This will be smashing the other DINTs of destination array that you are trying to use as parameters in the FBC command.

Change the Length to 1. That will copy 4 bytes of data into the DINT.

Thank you Geoff, I ended up using a little different technique to get the data that worked. So I found out that when it was copying with a length of 2 it would just overflow into the next set of the array . Since with AS-I it is always 32 slaves it worked out perfectly(1 slave per bit of the DINT) . So for A slaves I am looking at the first array and for the B slaves I look at the 2nd array. These then are moved to the FBC for comparison when a problem is detected.

Thanks again,
Trent