RS Logix 5000 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

emery606

HI IM TRYING TO DO SOME WORK IN RS LOGIX 5000, IM COPYING CONTROLLER TAGS TO A LOCAL ROUTINE AND I KEEP GETTING AN EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR. I HAVE TRYED MANY SOLUTIONS AND HAVE SEEKED HELP FROM PEOPLE MUCH MORE EXPERIENCED THEN ME, ALL TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE HELP ME!

Tue Apr 24 09:53:50 2018

Fatal Error!

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin\RS5000.exe
Elapsed execution time: 5 minutes & 10 seconds

Version: V20.01.00 (Release)
Source File: unknown
Line Number: -1
Function/Method: unknown

OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1 - Build 7601)
Thread Id: 0000130c (4876)

Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION - An "access violation" exception was generated.

One project file is currently open:

\\VBOXSVR\DESKTOP\WEEKLY X2435\PLC DESIGN\PLC PROGRAMS\18_04\MSSC_TEST_18_04_19_1630.ACD
Work Path: C:\Users\Controlsuser\AppData\Local\Temp\RSLogix5000.Temp\AB_390C\AB_0124
Time open: 4 minutes & 21 seconds:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Please detail what you are doing in detail. Im not following.
You are trying to copy tags from one project to another or withing the same project.
How are you copying the tags?

hey guys,

so what i am doing is copying controller tags then pasting them in a local routine, this is all within the same project. but the error is occurring now on all projects i open up in RSLOGIX 5000. i have tried many different solutions that have been provided here and elsewhere. just to inform you guys i am on a computer with windows 10 running windows 7 through a VM running RSLOGIX 5000 ver.20.04.

here is a list of things that have been tried to fix this issues:

-gave permissions to all users to allow access to everything
(in a hope that something is not being allowed to access some file and that with the increased per missives it would fix the problem )

- used different and or brand new projects to see the results
(error still occurs )

- exporting as an L5X file then reloading in to a new project

-using a different VM with different projects

i have tried to follow some solutions on here but could not completely follow through with some, i.e: finding the .rnl files and deleting them, the .rnl files in question cant be found in the suggested locations.

if you haven't figured it out by now Im not a very computer savvy guy lol but my it guys are and they haven't been able to help me so far.

any and all help is appreciated

This RA Knowledgebase might help you.

33988 - RSLogix 5000: FATAL ERROR - Source File: unknown , Line Number: -1
Access Level: TechConnect

Which basically states that you have a software application or driver that is causing RSL5K fatal error within Windows OS.

Hi Friends,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for sharing these information, which could help someone faces difficult situation, and has No time contacting the main provider.

I faced RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error with Error Code 0x0000005 (-1073741819) Access Violation.

I tried several simple solutions cause I didin't want to reinstall the program, as run as administrator, uncheck the compatibility mode, but without a benefit.

But when I deleted the file with destination .rnl which created in C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation
everything back to normal, thankfully.

You might try updating your v20 install. v20.05.00 is the last version of the v20 series, these updates fix many issues regarding things like the crash you are seeing.