FTView SE popup disappears when changing screens

phuz

Customer found what I believe to be a bug. I call a popup (On Top) display when an event happens. If they click off of the popup, it is still visible; however, if they hit a navigation button and change screens, the popup disappears. To prove it's actually closed, I tried CNTRL-TAB to switch between any windows and it is not present. Anyone else experience this?

If your new displayed screen is configured with the option Replace (in Display Settings...), it will close other opened screens. You have to use Overlay option instead of Replace. The problem with this is that previous screen (not popup) will be still opened in background. You have to add another command to close that specific display.

There's no "Always on Top" option. As rleon pointed, you can use the Overlay option in the popup. Then you would need to verify in the next invoked display if the popup is open and move it to the top. You can get a list of the shown displays via VBA.

There's no "Always on Top" option. As rleon pointed, you can use the Overlay option in the popup. Then you would need to verify in the next invoked display if the popup is open and move it to the top. You can get a list of the shown displays via VBA.

The problem is if you use an overlay and click off the popup, it goes to the background. To me, this is even worse.

Ok, why not make the always on screen also full screen with other part transparent, it will be on top on your normal screen and will mask the navigation buttons, until you don't close the pop-up

The problem is if you use an overlay and click off the popup, it goes to the background. To me, this is even worse.
For that reason I suggested to use VBA. You can use a macro to detect if the popup is hidden and send a PushForward command.

You can also setup a startup makro. Have a PLC tag to tell if the popup should be open or closed.
If the popup should be open every time operator change the mimic startup macro will call the popup to open.

If it is a big system and a lot of popups then probably more efficient way will be to use VBA.

Yah, I have a script stub that I default into all of my popup windows...
On a "Deactivate" event, I fire off a SetFocus and PullForward...

Code:
Private Sub Display_Deactivate()
    Me.SetFocus
    Me.PullForward

End Sub