Upload ZPL Program from Zebra?

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone familiar with Zebra printers? On a job site where I need to interact with an existing printer, looks like they have an existing format in the printer that variables are just passed to and the label prints the barcode format and such.

I'm trying to figure out what parameters are existing in ZPL file that is in the printer, would there be any way to upload the code from the printer so I can review it? qln420

This is a new one for me...

Sure can, open a webbrowser to the Printer using its IP address and you can browse to the storage area and pull the .zpl file.

Thank for the links, I've been looking at most of that stuff and ZPL seems pretty straight forward. I'm getting some conflicts when I test, when I send a test print ZPL command it will print, but also seems to print the previously used stored format with it as well. So I get two ZPL prints on a single label.

So, started looking at using the existing stored format, however figuring out which one is used (printer zpl filenames are cryptic...) and what variables they have associated with them seems to be my roadblock.

Also have some issues with rotation on my test, it's 90° off from what I expect.