Alicat Mass Flow Controller- Micrologix 1400 programming

PLCGuy001

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on this project lately which uses the Alicat mass flow controller. The Alicat flow controller is connected to the micologix 1400 PLC using a RS-232 cable and I am connected to my PLC using the LAN cable. Can someone help me set up the communication/programming so that my RSlogix 500 program can read IOs from the Alicat flow controller. I have never used this before so I am not sure if I should use modbus protocol, explicit messaging, or is there any other way to get it done. Please help!

Thanks

Last edited:
Turns out the Alicat controller read and writes in ASCII. You just have to copy the files into String files and then convert it into float.