Micro Motion mass flow meter programming

phuz

I was trying to configure a Micro Motion gas flow meter today. When plugged in with HART, it shows itself as "1700 Analog Mass Meter". We want the 4-20mA output to be units of SCFM, but when trying to send it, it fails writing the value. It is only allowing mass flow (g/s) or volume flow (L/min). Is it possible the sensor is incorrect or is there something we could be doing wrong in terms of configuration?

We only wanted to set the units and a range of 0-500 scfm, well within the allowed min/max.

Last edited:
G/s or L/minare liquid volumetric units, not gas units.

Somewhere you've got to tell the flowmeter that it is a gas flowmeter, or maybe it isn't.

You will probably need to get a copy of ProLink which is their configuration software for their sensors. This will allow you to setup their scaling, unit types and limits.