Importing Tags to FactoryTalk ME From RS Logix 5000

gdurecka

Hi,

I'm attempting to utilize tags, generated in a program created in RSLogix 5000, in FactoryTalk ME V6. Since I'm still developing the HMI program, I'm browsing for my tags offline (using the .ACD file). My issue is that, while my I have gotten my tags to show up just fine when I dig down to them, none of my descriptions are showing up. Is there something I need to enable in Factory Talk to allow me to see my descriptions? Any ideas?

Thanks

You mean in the offline tag browser, you want to see the tag descriptions for your logix tags? I don't think that's currently possible.

The Description field in the Tag Browser can show the Descriptions that are entered into the definitions for HMI Tags if you right-click and check the "Show Description" item.

But that's just for HMI Tags, which are configured and stored with the FTView tag database. It cannot show the Descriptions from online or offline browses of the RSLogix 5000 Tag Database.

While it makes sense that you can't read the Tag Description from an online controller because the Descriptions aren't stored in the controller, I don't know why the feature wasn't implemented to browse the Tag Description from RSLogix 5000.

Also If you are using OPC server then even if there are discriptions in the OPC Server. they still wont be shown on the FT view ME