Help Setting Up a New DeviceNet network

gkinslow

I have worked around a DeviceNet network, but never set one up. I am working on a project where I wanted to install DeviceNet system.

Essentially, I want to replicate one I seen done before. One I have worked on. I HAVE NEVER SETUP A DEVICENET NETWORK. I NEED HELP.

I was looking to install a
Micrologix 1500 / 1764-LRP
DeviceNet Scanner card 1769-SDN
DeviceNet PowerTap 1485T-P2T5-T5
DeviceNet CPU interface card 1784-PCD
I need to branch to 3 junction boxes within a 25 foot range. At each location I was going with,
1794-ADN communication adapter module
1794-IB16 Flex I/O input module
1794-0B16 Flex I/O output module
1794-TB3 Base for the input mod
1794-TB2 base for the output mod

Am I missing anything that I need. Furthermore, HOW DO I ACTUALLY SET THIS THING UP. I've been programming plc's for quite a few years, but never had to setup any type of network.

Checkout www.odva.org This is the official DNET site and can explain alot.

You will need RSNetworx and EDS files.

You will need DNET Power supply(s), depending on devices used you may need more than one.