Encoder error monitor for Step 7

BNA

Hi'

I am looking for a good idea to make sure that my incremental encoders are working, perhaps with an adjustable offset.

Today I take the actual value of the running encoder, move i to a temp word, then compare it with the value from the previous scan. This partly works, I just think it is to sensible.

So does anyone of you have a good idea to monitor an encoder ?

Thanks
Brian

I used step 5 in university. Right now, i am much more working on
Twin CAT.

In Twin CAT i compare with Reservor value. That might be another solution.

Similar Topics

Gents, I'm trying get some SEW Movigear motors in control by a Beckhoff PLC which is TwinCAT 3. The SEW motor is connected by EtherCAT and is...
Replies
Views
Greetings from Michigan, USA, I have a GV3000 drive that is faulting for an encoder loss, fault "EL". However, I am not using an encoder and...
Replies
Views
I have a quadrature incremental encoder measuring the speed of a conveyor and it is hooked up as a feedback only axis on a Kinetix 6500 servo. I...
Replies
Views
I have finished installing Allen Bradley ultra drives and motors on my machine and it is moving fine but the drives keep randomly faulting out and...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom