Power Flex, Drive Logix and Control Logix

Tim

I have 5 PowerFlex 700SE drives that are connected via Control Net.
These drives are also connected to each other with a Sync Link module. There is a Drive Logix 5720 attached to each drive. The CPU is a Control Logix 1756-L63.

I have been looking at the tags in each of the Drive Logix controllers to make sure I can tell where the tags come from or go to. I have come to a point to where I am truly stumped.

untitled100.gif

This is a tag that is in one of the Drive Logix controllers. I know that K_COMRST is an alias to Drive:I.UserDefinedIntegerData[0].0. After some investigating the only place I can figure out where this comes from is using PowerFlex 700S Operating Terminal software.

untitled101.gif

Shown above is what I get when I connect to this drive. Now you can see K_COMRST "Variable Name". What I do not understand is where this originated from or any of these "Variables"? The green symbols: ACONF,ASR,blklib,COM etc. when I look at their properties are called modules. Where did these come from? I got into this situation last week where our press would not run. Basically I had to right click on some of the modules;COM, JBAR and some others and force them in run mode. They had little red marks beside them which meant they where stopped for some reason. My biggest confusion is where do all of these variables come from? I can look at most of the tags on this monster press and figure out where they originate or go to. These drive tags have me confused.

I am assuming that Drive:I.UserDefinedIntegerData[0].0 is an input to the Drive Logix controller from the drive. I understand that this is a "USER" Defined Integer. What I cannot find is what kind of data did the user assign for this tag. Below is a pic of the module defined tags for this drive.
untitled103.gif

I tried using Drive Executive to see what might be going on, but only got more confused. Below is what found connecting to the drive.
untitled102.gif

If I am thinking right, then Paramater 658 holds that data being put into Drive:I.UserDefinedIntegerData[0]. What I do not understand is that Parameter 658 when I monitor it with Drive Executive has no value. It also is not linked to any other parameter.

I have looked through every Drive Logix and Power Flex manual and cannot seem to understand this. If anybody has the time to help me with my confusion I would appreciate it.
Thank You
Tim

Drive pointers

Possible pointer to your problem
The Power Flex uses links to map what you send via communications Parameter 658 has a "source parameter" where it gets its actual value from.
To view
Open the Drive in drive executive (online or a current offline file)
Navigate to parameter 658 in the "linear List" and look for the "Source Parameter"

FP700.JPG

Look up the source parameter for what the value means

Right Click on 658 for properties and link source for another method to find out where the value comes from.

Last edited: