String Compare to fixed part number

faqu2to

Hello,

I know this will be easy for most. I currently scan a barcode on a part and it returns a string value with a mix of numbers and letters. I want to compare that string value to a fixed part number such as 6EF172X7AB.

What would be the best method of doing this? The EQU doesn't like letters I've learned.

I am using 5000 on a controllogix processor.

Thanks for the help

Nevermind. I was making a string to input the fixed value and it wouldn't work which is why I wrote this thread. Come to find out I had to shutdown 5000 to get it to work right.

Similar Topics

hi all i hope your well i have got 2 plcs a siemens 1500 and 1200 comunicating a data black only 2 values in a wstring i need to get a code...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me setup some trap logic that will compare incoming strings to all the strings received in the last...
Replies
Views
Having an issue, this is my first attempt at setting something like this up, and hoping its just something minor im missing. scenario. have a...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have the following setup: 1 x Graphite RLCs HMI 1 x Barcode Reader (Acting as Keyboard) 3 x Plcs Mapped using Modbus Tcp/IP What...
Replies
Views
I am working on a Step 7 project where I have to read some barcodes and store the full code as a string which I'm fine with. I also need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom