PID PLC Omron CQM1H-CPU51

namruud

[FONT=&quot]Hi user ![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now,I have problem with PID in Omron PLC (PLC CQM1H-CPU51). My PLC have ADO41(ADO41 is analog input,data between addresses 0030-0FD0(12bit) in hex) and DA022 (DA022 is analog output, data between addresses 0000-07FF(11bit) in hex), I want to use PID to control LET or Temp,but I think I have a mistake for setting PID parameter.My PID have input,SV signal but don’t have output signal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please help me.o_O[/FONT]

Thank [FONT=&quot]jamesrustin.

If u want to use PID function in PLC Omron you must to setting PID parametter, u can see in programmanual of CQM1H (section5\5-28-15 PID control).I did follow the instruction but it is not running.
you could see in my attachment.
I hope you can hepl me.

Thank u so muck.

[/FONT]

Per the W364 manual, the instruction requires 33 consecutive parameter words. Your first word would be DM1500, meaning DM1500-DM1532 are the parameter words.
Rung 2 is moving a parameter word back into another parameter.

It is difficult to tell if the first seven parameter words contain proper data.
It may help if you can post the values that are in DM1500-DM1506.

Thank gtsuport

May be I realized my error, per W364, PID function has 33 parameter, but we must to setting from P1 to P1+6 (example use DM1500-DM1506), P1+7 to P1+32 don't use (use by system) so i want to ask you that :
Can I use DM1507-DM1532 like temporary address.
P1+1 to P1+4 must be BCD so I have converted from binary to BCD,I use DM1530 DM1531 etc...like temporary address.:unsure::unsure:
My setting:

P1: Set value ( Setpoint) - Binary
P1+1: 0100Bcd - 10%
P1+2: 0100Bcd
P1+3: 0100Bcd
P1+4: 0001Bcd - 0.1s
P1+5: 0001Bcd (i'm not sure because bit 04-15 must be Bcd 100-199 but don't say 00-03 is Bcd or binary-->it's dificult to setting)
P1+6: 0403 (because i use Analog input 12bit(4-20mA) and Analog out put 11bit(0-20mA) but it don't say 0403 is Bcd or binary too)
Adress of analog input is 7,analog output is 104

Could you help me.Thank you

No, you MUST NOT use DM1507-DM1532 at all.
These must ONLY be used by the instruction.

You will need to move the DM1530, DM1531 etc to different DM addresses.

I think your other parameter values should be valid values.
You may need to modify the P, I and D values based on your process.

Hope this will help.

Now I'm testing,my output address is always is 0,If it change i will so happy.:cry:
Tomorrow,I Will try to do with PLC because In VietNam's 22h00.

Thank u so muck...I will have feedback

Dear gtsuport

morning,I have changed my program follow u but PID don't running.I give u a few picture of online program.

Could u check for me.Thank gtsuport

namruud,
Did you manage to resolve your problem with the PID output address always being 0? This sounds like the problem I'm currently experiencing, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
njc1230

Mag176
Thanks for the code. Sorry I’m a bit late replying, the project is now finished and I have some spare time to catch up with things.
Had the same problem with the one you sent me, I could see the data changing in the working registers but there was no value in the output register. As soon as I download to a PLC and tested everything worked. I guess the simulator can’t handle PID control.
I wonder how many people have been caught out by this?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Did you solve the PID problem?
Yes, he did. As NJC said, PID instructions will not run correctly on the Omron simulator program, but require a real physical PLC.

I guess the simulator can’t handle PID control.
Yes, that is correct. I have not heard of a PLC simulator program that will handle PID control instructions.

Last edited:
Solved. Attached file.

Thanks for your answer. My PID gave no output and I transfered program -no simulation.
Today I've been able to solve the issue. Apparently the words in the DM area I was using were used for other purposes.
The code posted abobe had some missing sections and was not very straightforward,
I attach a very simple awith just the necessary moves and a PIDAT instruction. This program regulates a suspended ball on an air jet controled by a VFD. Height is read with an ultrasonic sensor. I,D actions are disabled for the tests but an HMI can be used to change parameters instead. Hope it helps somebody.

Yes, your problem was not the same one, but simply incorrect code, where NJC was trying to get a PID to produce an ouput in the Simulator.