ABB Drives Manual

Greg Dake

Hi everyone, we're integrating some ABB ACS-550's and trying to utilize the onboard modbus functionality of them. The standard user's manual is vague at best on some of communication parameters and setup. Is there a separate manual for the onboard modbus? I know there's a separate manual for the DeviceNet add on module.....I hope there is more literature somewhere for the modbus feature, its poorly documented.

TIA,

Greg

Greg, I did a quick scan around and didn't find any Modbus support material under the ACS550 heading. There is a separate Instruction Manual available for the ACS800 Modbus but I don't know how suitable it is.

Generally, ABB is pretty consistent across the different models. The document number is RMBAUserManualRevA.pdf. It should be available for download at the ABB drive website.

If you can't get it that way, email me and I will send the file that way.

If the document isn't suitable for ACS550, call ABB at 1.800.752.0696 and ask for Application Engineering.