Connecting Emulated HMI to Emulated PLC

SCREAM2003

Hello,
I'm currently working on a project with RSLogix500 and Vijeo Designer for my HMI. I use RSLogix Emulate 500 to host my PLC program while working from home for testing, and have a setup for running my HMI in an emulated environment, however, I cannot get my simulated HMI to connect to my emulated PLC. How can I accomplish this?
Thanks

RSLogix 500 Emulate can emulate the serial port on the SLC-5/0x controllers, so you could use two physical serial ports, or as noted a virtual serial port connector (I've experimented with com0com as well).

Emulate 500 doesn't support emulation of the Ethernet or DH+ or DH485 ports on an SLC-500 controller.

You could also use a licensed OPC server version of RSLinx Classic, with the Emulate 500 driver, but that's probably outside of the scope of this setup.

RSLogix 500 Emulate can emulate the serial port on the SLC-5/0x controllers, so you could use two physical serial ports, or as noted a virtual serial port connector (I've experimented with com0com as well).

Emulate 500 doesn't support emulation of the Ethernet or DH+ or DH485 ports on an SLC-500 controller.

You could also use a licensed OPC server version of RSLinx Classic, with the Emulate 500 driver, but that's probably outside of the scope of this setup.

Thanks Ken. I am using a MicroLogix Controller but I assume that the same would be true as to Emulate500 not supporting Ethernet, DH+, or DH485?

Also, my HMI project is currently setup to communicate via ethernet.

I only have the Lite version of RSLinx Classic. How can I get an activation file for OEM or Single-Node?

That's right; Emulate 500 is unusual that it supports a DF1 serial port, but not Ethernet.

Unless your HMI can easily be switched to being an OPC Client instead of using its embedded PLC protocol drivers, OPC isn't feasible. I think RA might only sell licenses for RSLinx for "Gateway", having commercially retired the others.

I think you're going to have to wait until you have the physical PLC in order to test the HMI.