Red Lion CR3000 HMI Serial to Mitsubishi FX3u PLC

woolie161

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I am looking to install a Red Lion CR3000 HMI and connect it to a Mitsubishi FX3u 64M PLC via Serial. I cannot find confirmation on the Red Lion Website that the CR3000 has the serial driver for this connection.
Is this serial connection possible and has anybody achieved this.

Thanks
Woolie

The FX3U main port is 422, perhaps it would be worth getting a 232BD board that fits on the left hand side if the crimson has difficulty with 422 it's only about £120.00 so reasonable, this also allows having both the programmer & the HMI connected at the same time (if Crimson does not support passthrough).

Thank you to both Steve & Parky for the replies.
Looks like I will be playing with "stuff" over the weekend, to look at Red Lion Drivers & to investigate the 232 module.
Again Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Woolie

The 232-BD board when fitted defaults to programming protocol at 9600 baud,
If you want a hifgher speed then there are "D" registers in the 8000 range (cannot remember which ones) where programmatically in ladder you can change things like protocol, baud, parity etc. but for most purposes it can be left at default if not too much traffic between HMI & PLC.