PowerFlex 753 ADC Issue

drinck7

Hello,

I have a PowerFlex 753, firmware 14.004. I am trying to turn on ADC, but when I do, the VFD will not reconnect to the PLC. When I open the AOP, the drive looks like it starts uploading, then says ADC configuring, and just loops between these two. The only way for me to get the drive to reconnect is to go offline, turn off ADC and re-download to the controller. My AOP is version 5.07.91.0

The Steps for turning on ADC I am using:

1)Upload params from drive
2)Save/Upload tag value from controller
3)Flash NVM on controller
4)Go offline, enable ADC and Download to PLC.

I have 3 other 753s (1 of which is 14.004, and 2 that are 14.002) and ADC is enabled and working on those.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced!

What firmware is listed in your AOP of the plc project? I have had that happen if there is a mismatch.

Also, turn ACD off then run a project compare and see what it shows. If you have any expansion cards make sure they are in the correct slot that matches your project.

My AOP shows 14.004, it doesn't have any mismatch exceptions with the device.

When comparing with the device, while online there are a few mismatched parameters. Attached is what I got when comparing.

753Compare.JPG

My AOP shows 14.004, it doesn't have any mismatch exceptions with the device.

When comparing with the device, while online there are a few mismatched parameters. Attached is what I got when comparing.

My apologies, I selected the wrong drive when comparing. There are no parameter mismatches between my project and the physical device.

I would default the drive and try the adc again.

How are you setting the IP address? With the rotary dials?

Here is what I would do...

Unhook the drive from the network and default it.
Power the drive down
Ensure the plc is in run or rem run and adc for the drive is enabled
Reconnect the drive to the network and power up
Monitor the transfer through the AOP

The whole purpose of ADC is to ease for replacement. I think your process you outlined could be causing the problem. Act as if you are replacing the drive on an existing system and see how it goes.

When you run the compare did you scroll all the way to the bottom? All your screen shot shows is port 0. There could be other ports being used but we don’t know because you didn’t tell us if you are using any of the others.

Did you ever have any joy with this? From the manual (pg 76) it looks like ADC only works with the 755 series. I have a customer who is trying to do it on PowerFlex 753, just want to confirm that the manual is correct and there are no such configurations out there in the wild that are working.

Thank you for the reply. 🍻 I was looking at the standard embedded Ethernet/IP port. Needed to get the 20-750-ENETR dual-port option module