pflex 525 always f59 after power reset

mike_dr

it is easy to reset via the HIM but if you have to walk a few miles to reset it its a bother. any ideas? I know its a safety fault and there are other vfds but this one doesnt reset like the other via O:clearfaults

By default, the PF525 will give this fault when power is removed from S1 and S2 (STO). You can disable this behavior. I don't have the parameter handy but I believe it is one of the last "T" group parameters (default is "enabled", you set to "disabled").

I prefer to leave the fault and automate the reset. Basic idea is this:

• If safety is disabled, pay no attention to the fault bit
  • Once safety is reset, send a fault reset
  • Time period after safety has been reset, check for the fault bit

Reason being, the F59 fault is a visual that the drive has been put in a safe state. You essentially filter out the F59, since you know when to expect it.

Curious: Does disabling the fault potentially lower the system safety rating?

I suppose in an application where the drive had a dedicated E-stop on its inputs, then tripped, it would require a “safety reset”. In a larger system with E-stop zones and safety PLC outputs, this wouldn’t be a concern so long as the system had a reset after safety trip?

By default, the PF525 will give this fault when power is removed from S1 and S2 (STO). You can disable this behavior. I don't have the parameter handy but I believe it is one of the last "T" group parameters (default is "enabled", you set to "disabled").
T105 is the parameter.

Also relevant here is parameter T106. This parameter determines whether the above safety fault can be reset using the clear faults method that OP is attempting, or whether it requires a power cycle to clear the safety fault. By default, this parameter is set to require a power cycle to clear the safety fault.

So, out of the box, if you use STO on a powerflex 525 (which you should), you will need to change at least one of these parameters to make the system work properly (otherwise you have to make sure your safety circuit is always healthy before your drive powers on, which is obviously impractical). You can either disable the fault altogether (which is what I typically do), or you can allow the fault to be reset over the network using the ClearFaults bit, so that you can reset the fault once it has appeared.

T105 is the parameter.

Also relevant here is parameter T106. This parameter determines whether the above safety fault can be reset using the clear faults method that OP is attempting, or whether it requires a power cycle to clear the safety fault. By default, this parameter is set to require a power cycle to clear the safety fault.

So, out of the box, if you use STO on a powerflex 525 (which you should), you will need to change at least one of these parameters to make the system work properly (otherwise you have to make sure your safety circuit is always healthy before your drive powers on, which is obviously impractical). You can either disable the fault altogether (which is what I typically do), or you can allow the fault to be reset over the network using the ClearFaults bit, so that you can reset the fault once it has appeared.

Ah yes, T105. T106 is not related to the F59 fault, it is related to the F111 fault The F59 fault can be reset regardless of what T106 is set to.

Ah yes, T105. T106 is not related to the F59 fault, it is related to the F111 fault The F59 fault can be reset regardless of what T106 is set to.
Good catch, yes, you're right. I need to stop skim reading manuals :ROFLMAO:

F59 fault will only clear after 24vdc is applied to S1 and S2.

i assume the clearfault command is after than 24v applying since i also need to reset it after estop is reset. v4 pf 525 doesnt disable safety using t105 but i will try aagain

i assume the clearfault command is after than 24v applying since i also need to reset it after estop is reset. v4 pf 525 doesnt disable safety using t105 but i will try aagain

T105 has nothing to do with whether the safety disables or not, it only impacts whether to display a fault or not when the safety is disabled.

Yes, turn on ClearFaults after the safety is enabled. You need a slight delay after the safety is enabled before clearing faults.