FT View and Logix 5000 Freezing

celso3093

Hello everyone!

We have a 1756-L74 ControlLogix that is connected to two PCs that run FT View SE Network Station. Everytime that I, or any of my colleagues, get to finalize an edit everything freezes. By everything I mean both the FT View SE clients and the Logix Designer that runs on my PC.
I could notice that sometimes even creating a tag may cause the freezing.

We tried to add another 1756-ENBT and connect to the PLC through it, but it didn't work.

Do you guys have any idea why it happens? We have to be online much of the time and there is always something to be added to the program. It's really troubling me and my partners.

Thank you guys!

After some research, I decided to try and set a different time slice overhead, but I found out that it wouldn't work once there's no continuous task running.

I'm thinking about increasing the period of the periodic task, currently set to 250 ms.

Could that work?