[S5-155U CPU948]HEX convert to Integer ??

apple

This code's comment say it can convert Hex number to Integer number, but I don't understand how it work, wish you can explain it. Thanks!!! Thanks!!!

Input in FW250 with Hex number and Integer number in FW248

Here the code:
-----------------------------------------------
L FW250 inhalt der adresse IN [KH]
SLW 8
L FW250
SRW 8
OW
T FW248 inhalt der adresse IN [KF]
------------------------------------------------

The code is swapping bytes, changing High Byte > Low Byte and Low Byte > High Byte.

I presume FW250 holds a KF format number thats been read in with the bytes swapped. This sometimes happens.

Apple,

I don't think you are "converting"...word 250 and 248 can be view in hex or as a integer that is where the [KF] and [KH] come in, you are just viewing them different, as Peter has said SL Shift Left and SR Shift Right

inhalt der adresse IN [KH]//contents of the address IN [KH] HEX
inhalt der adresse IN [KF]// contents of the address IN [KF] (K)constant integer

Peter am I correct in this assumption?

Also look at this CPU 948 it may have some info that will help..

I was going to say the same but noticed it was just byte swapping.

I know that some SCADA/HMI systems sometimes require byte swapping, had to do it recently with data received over serial comms from an X-Ray machine.