Mitsubishi GX Works Program will not open

OXI

I am looking for help checking copy's of an running processor image I received from a customer. I gave the file information to Mitsubishi and they sold me a copy of GX Works 3 which includes GX Works 2. I have tried to open these programs with no luck.
I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if the programs are valid and if I have the right software. This is my first go around with Mitsubishi software.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

I don't have it installed at home to make sure, but the format of the programs is identical to that used by GX Developer, so GX Works may be the wrong program.
If no-one else proves it before then I will try to open at work Monday in GX Dev.

I appreciate that! Looking back at what actually installed when I setup the software, GX Developer was one of the options with GX 2&3 but I am not sure Developer loaded. I will try and install it a gain and let you know.

I did just check it in a hex editor and the file Gppw.gpj shows it is a FX2NC CPU, that does use GX Developer.
That goes for both of the zipped files.

Aabeck, I did get GX Developer loaded and the projects did open. Since this is a processor image I have no comments to help figure out the logic. At least I know I have the right software. Thanks for your help.

...I have no comments to help...

You will find this happens just about 90% of the time.

The first thing I try to do is describe the inputs and outputs (if lucky enough to have a schematic) and then figure what the bits and timers do.

IT is a GXdev file
however
use
PROJECT
open other data
open other project
in works

back up the file first

Last edited: