Mitsubishi GOT2000

Rocboni

Hello,

I am trying to program a Mitsubishi Got 2000 GT2103-PMBDS with GT designer however i'm struggling connecting the HMI

When i switch on the HMI it displays "booting" for a few seconds and the screen goes blank, the Laptop does not seem to be picking up the HMI. I had it connected briefly but only the once when i first took it out the box. I am using a generic mini USB lead rather than the GT09-C30USB-5P but I wouldn't have though this would cause any problems?

Anything i could try, i am a beginner so go easy

Thanks

Try putting the GOT into Transfer mode.
You need to do this if the GOT is password protected.

You need to hold one of the corners while powering it up.
Usually the Left top corner.
Then arrow down to select Data Transfer mode.

53309046_432875797457584_8919909348734402560_n.jpg

I’ve tried that with no success, still briefly displays booting... the nothing. It’s brand new so it can’t be faulty

New out of the box does not have any operating system installed this needs to be downloaded, the option to do so is in the download/transfer function within GTdesigner you need to connect via USB and download BOOTOS

If you go to communications tab at top of screen on your PC and select write to GOT you should be able to select USB connection and test it from there.

Steve

That is the issue, when I plug it in I cannot connect it, the computer does not see it for some reason, I managed to connect to it only once when I first removed it from the box. I cannot see it in "ports" on the computer control panel either like I can when I connect the PLC.

Could it be because I am not using a genuine USB cable?

That is the issue, when I plug it in I cannot connect it, the computer does not see it for some reason, I managed to connect to it only once when I first removed it from the box. I cannot see it in "ports" on the computer control panel either like I can when I connect the PLC.

Could it be because I am not using a genuine USB cable?

For about USB connection problem please check by these.

1. You should check that your USB cable can use with other hardware.
2. Connect USB cable to GOT then go to Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus Controller and check there are any error device
3. If it is ,maybe you should install USB driver from GT Works 3 folder.

I installed the usb driver for the rs422 lead and I can program the PLc fine, just can’t commect to the GOT. I’ll have another go