ASI Power issue

qx100

Hello,All

Our company has one machine that installed ASI communication system .Total two segments,one repeater and two ASI powers.I measure the voltage between ASI+, - and grounding and found one power is around +-15V and another one is around+- 2~3V ,but the voltage between ASI+ and ASI- of both powers is around 30V. I can't understand it ,Could you help me ? Thanks!

I'm not familiar with ASI . . .
But my guess would be that one (or both) has a 'floating ground'.
As in it is not referenced to ground.
Poet.

AS-i spec is for +- ~15V from ground.

The second PSU is floating, and needs to be grounded. Without the grounding, you will see communication issues due to noise.

Similar Topics

Greetings. I have an ifm ASi programmer that's getting a bit old and doesn't hold a charge very well anymore (in cold areas, I can only set a few...
Replies
Views
I need a power supply for ASI-Bus. Usually we use dedicated modules for this, but we've got no spares right now. Could I use a standard regulated...
Replies
Views
How can I integrate my S7-300 Simatic with the IFM AS-i Master AC1335 and its slave IOs, such as 2411 and Airbox 2041, into Simatic Manager?
Replies
Views
I've been called to a site to assist with an ASi fault. The line has been down for a couple of weeks following a failure of the ASi power supply...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I had trouble with door switches on a machine I was working on today. What first appeared to be as a simple reed switch turned out to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom