Modicon M221 problem

Hello!
I have got a new Modicon M221 TM221CE16T controller, flashed to firmware version 1.10. I use MachineExpertBasic V1.0 programming environment (build 63163) for flashing and programming M221.
I connect to PLC via USB. The main issue is that it is impossible to switch on controller into RUN mode after loading the project. The Powerless mode status of the controller is constantly displayed. At the same time, controller is supplied by 24V DC external power.
And a message is always displayed: Unknown Stop Reason: {0}
On the PLC front panel the PWR LED is on, the RUN LED is flashing, the ERR LED is off.
External mode switch is in the RUN position. PLC projects online and offline are the same, but the RUN and STOP mode selection buttons are inactive. Turning off and then turning on a 24V power didn't make any effect.
The PLC IP address also there is also unable to set. In the PLC information window all network settings fields are empty in online.
I tried to connect to the PLC with the factory default IP address 10.10.186.175 (based on the MAC address: 00-80-F4-0E-BA-AF), but without any success. On the PLC fron panel, the LEDs near the Ethernet socket didn't glow at all, i.e. PLC didn't not show any network activity.
Can you please tell how I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I use their new software MachineExpertBasic V1.0 which is successor of SoMachine Basic and firmware version 1.10 is also the latest.

I am really puzzled why it gives me Powerless mode status when the PLC is connected to external power supply +24V DC.

May be someone who already used M221 could explain how to make it up and running?

Hello!
I downgraded development software to SomachineBasic V1.6 and PLC firmware to v1.6 but it gave no any positive effect. PLC behavior stays the same. It shows its status as Powerless and doesn't want to switch between Run/Stop.
Schneider tech support keeps silence.

Best regards, Oleksandr

Are you sure you connect power correctly? You normally get this when you use usb to connect to the controller and the controller gets powered but the usb from pc. This occurs when the plc isnt powered and you are connected with usb to pc

Hello!
I have got a new Modicon M221 TM221CE16T controller, flashed to firmware version 1.10. I use MachineExpertBasic V1.0 programming environment (build 63163) for flashing and programming M221.
I connect to PLC via USB. The main issue is that it is impossible to switch on controller into RUN mode after loading the project. The Powerless mode status of the controller is constantly displayed. At the same time, controller is supplied by 24V DC external power.
And a message is always displayed: Unknown Stop Reason: {0}
On the PLC front panel the PWR LED is on, the RUN LED is flashing, the ERR LED is off.
External mode switch is in the RUN position. PLC projects online and offline are the same, but the RUN and STOP mode selection buttons are inactive. Turning off and then turning on a 24V power didn't make any effect.
The PLC IP address also there is also unable to set. In the PLC information window all network settings fields are empty in online.
I tried to connect to the PLC with the factory default IP address 10.10.186.175 (based on the MAC address: 00-80-F4-0E-BA-AF), but without any success. On the PLC fron panel, the LEDs near the Ethernet socket didn't glow at all, i.e. PLC didn't not show any network activity.
Can you please tell how I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Under commission tab, log in to plc->start plc. Powerless state for my m221 usually is caused by me forgetting to turn on the power to the PLC. But the power is still supplied via the programming cable, which in my case is USB. Hope it works out for you:rolleyes:

This is an old thread.Since the OP didnt reply im sure its resolved.For future reference , something that wasnt mentioned here (What the OP probably didnt do) is to physically switch the plc run switch(which is under a rubber cover on the plc) to run mode. Without doing this you cannot switch the plc into run mode

This is an old thread.Since the OP didnt reply im sure its resolved.For future reference , something that wasnt mentioned here (What the OP probably didnt do) is to physically switch the plc run switch(which is under a rubber cover on the plc) to run mode. Without doing this you cannot switch the plc into run mode

External mode switch is in the RUN position.

Actually OP mentioned that switch is on Run-mode