Unity Pro XL 5.0 and Windows 2008 R2

kutuz

Hi all!

I need to install Unity Pro XL 5.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 for Remote Desktop Users (Thin Clients). I installed UnityXL 5.0, but none of my Remote Desktop Users can run the software. They get an error:

>Failed to find a valid license!
>Unexpected Error: One or more of the license components could not be loaded.
>Please reinstall Unity Pro XL.

The software is registered, I can run it under a local admin account.

Does anybody know if there is anything special how to install Unity Pro XL 5.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 for RDP clients?

Thanks.

It might be the type of windows but first try to resolve this

Access rights on directories on the computer
Unity Pro needs to have read/write right access on the following directories:
C:\Program files\Schneider Electric and C:\Windows (when the disk by default is C:)
When Unity Pro user is not administrator of the PC, the administrator must allow the read/write right on these directories.

The above is noted in the readme. It might be your problem

Thanks for the answer.
I think the problem is in Remote Desktop Users for Windows Server 2008.
Even if I am logged in as Remote Desktop User but I want to run Unity under Admin - it gives me the same error.

I know that the UI for RSLinx Classic doesn't come up if you remote desktop to MS Windows Server 2003.