cant connect woth rslinx classic proffesionel to plc

artur

Hello, i dont can connect me with Rslinx classic prof. to he plc ( logix5561).

rswho see all the components butwhen i try to connect me i have a msg from rslogix5000 = faild to go online....comunications paht needed.

also i dont can open my help files in rslinx, i get a msg with a tech number but i dont can find the this on rockwells homepage E122036118

who can help me,,,, i am new in allen bradley

thx, artur

I am assuming that you are connecting to the CLX CPU serial port using a null-modem cable and the AB_DF1 driver in RSLinx. If so, on the menu bar in RSLogix 5000, select Communications > RSWho. In the RSWho screen, expand your DF1 driver until you can see the CLX CPU. Click on the CPU one time to highlight it, then click the Set Project path button and then click on one of the buttons on the right side of the RSWho screen (Go Online, Upload, Download, etc.).

First I will assume that you are using RSLogix5000 to attempt to go online with the Logix5561. You mentioned RSLinx but not RSLogix.

In RSLogix5000 click on Communications and then Who Active. Expand the RSLinx driver that you used previously to see the components. Select the Logix5561 processor and click Go Online. This process selects your Online Path, or "how do I get from my PC to a specific PLC".

If you do not use this Who Active method, then RSLogix uses either the last Online Path or the Online Path that was last saved to your project file. Or, if you have no project open, it can have a blank Online Path.

As to the problem with viewing Help files in RSLinx, this is a known issue with RSLinx when it is run as a service rather than as an application. To verify this, close all Rockwell Software and look in your Window's system tray for the RSLinx icon. It's a little chain link looking icon down in the bottom right by your clock. Right-click on this icon and select "Shutdown RSLinx" or "Shutdown RSLinx Classic". Then use the Start menu and go manually start RSLinx. Once it has opened try accessing the help files.

Here is a link that documents how to fix this problem:

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=32221&p_created=1118980800&p_sid=7pWRqqyi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTYyNzImcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yc2xpbnggaGVscCBzZXJ2aWNl&p_li=&p_topview=1