2 Functions of the PLC bus?

Jynne

Hi All, Taking my first class on PLC's and am answering my homework questions. I have answered them all but this one. From the looks of this forum I am so in the dark it isn't funny. But can anyone provide an answer to this question ....

What 2 functions does a PLC bus perform?

In my book it says "The processor uses the bus to communicate with the modules" and thats it. So I can't figure out what the second function is. Sorry if this a lame question for you! : )

Thanks!

Jynne said:
Thank you for the reply. I will list that as my second function and see how it goes!

Thank you Jynne, you at least showed that you tried to do your homework first! This attitude and ethic will get you all the help you will need on this forum. WE will not do your homework for you, but if you have tried, we will help guide you.

David

Ushidayo and David,

Thanks for responding to my post. I did ask my Professor about my question, and told him that I posted the question online. The answer was that it also provided power (thanks Ushidayo). I am really enjoying the class, and we have just started basic programming of the PLC.

Have a great weekend!