Dox10 software serial driver

jed

I have Dox10 3.3-0 which is telling me "No serial driver loaded Please check your CONFIG.SYS" when I try to select "Send to PLC" or "Rec. from PLC"
Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this as I need to backup several PLCs next week?

Dox10/dox5

HI,

Havn't used DOX10 as I use DOX5 if I have to.

Are you running on a W95 machine or an older machine with real DOS?

Are you using a serial port rather than usb/serial.

Have you set the config.sys

Regards
Robin

Add the following line to your Config.sys (or more likely, config.nt) file.

DEVICE=\DOX10.SYS\V24.SYS R2048 S255 Ca Abbbb Icc

Ca is the COM port number C1,C2,C3 or C4
Abbbb if COM3 put A03E8 if COM4 put A02E8 else put nothing
Icc if COM3 put I04 if COM4 put I03 else put nothing

USB to Serial converters will work with DOX10. RSLinx, if it is running, might grab your COM port and DOX10 won't be able to access it, so turn off RSLinx.

Good Luck

DOX10 serial driver

Thanks for the reply.The config.sys file contains the "device=..." as you stated. I am running it on windows 2000 is this the problem?

Sorry for the late reply.

Windows 2000 isn't your problem (I have used it with DOX10 before). But I thought that Windows 2000 uses a file called "config.nt" instead of "config.sys". This file is located probably in C:\windows\system32\

Also "autoexec.nt" is used instead of "autoexec.bat"

Perhaps if you post your config and autoexec files, we could check the other settings for DOX10.