Mitsubishi Software

Rheinhardt

GDay Gents,

I have another challenge, i have been given the task of doing changes to a PLC, the SI company does not exist but they managed to give me software copies.

I have GX-Developer Version 8.3 and it is a FX2n-M48R CPU.
The problem is the program is not recognized in GX-Developer is was wondering if this PLC might have been programmed in another Software package.
The files are

custom.sys okb
edm.edm 2kb
lryboxes.sys 1kb
softctrl.pro 3,360kb

My assumption would be that .PRO is the project file. Does anyone know what Package this file extension belongs to?

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Good Morning

Try opening gx developer without opening a PLC file.

Then click "file" and you will see some import options.

Try to import the files, you may have to try a couple of different types, not sure which version of software those file extensions apply to.

Good luck,

Marc

I think the program was probably written using GX IEC Developer. GX IEC Developer is very different from GX Developer and the files are not compatible. It looks like you need to purchase GX IEC Developer to be able to be able to make program changes. Even if you upload from the PLC into GX Developer (which you can do) the resulting program won't be commented and will require a lot of time to reverse-engineer.

I wish you luck.

(Edit: Sorry Mr Badger you got your reply in before me. No offence intended.)

The problem with GX IEC is it uses high order bits (m & D) as temps, these are used over & over again there will be loads of jumps to functions also some logic will not convert to ladder in GX Developer, foe some reason the code is incorrect i.e. open rungs although the logic does run just cannot be interpeted correctly in ladder in GX.
Another problem is that any changes in the plc with GX Developer will not upload to GX IEC even if you have the original source code.
You must keep the project in GX IEC as it cannot be updated from the plc.
There is a possibillity that dependant on the processor that the project has been compacted & downloaded to the plc, however if the project is large & the plc memory small then this is not possible.
This will not work on FX only A & Q series even a moderate program on an A1S meant that there was only enough memory to download the plc program & the compressed source file