FactoryTalk View Studio security setting

coa

I use FactoryTalk View Studio V5.1 for PanelView Plus 1000. I need to have setup screen that operator can only view but supervisor can view and change parameters. I use numeric input cursor for parameters setup but I cannot find how to make security enable/disable for change the value. I wish to know how your guys do the solution for this.

The method I use is have a numeric input AND a numeric display both mapped to the same tag. Place the input on top of the display and have the visability set to 'userhascode(a)'

To me the easiest to use is the end button. Create an end button, make transparent, and place over the top of the item you want locked out. Use visibility animation with userhascode(?). When the end button is visible is will lock out whatever is under it. You could potentially use this for an entire screen. I usually make it a point to group the end button with the objects to lock out so someone doesn't mistakenly move it.

For example, if you wanted to lock out a numeric entry, when the end button was visible (even though it's transparent) you could read the item, but wouldn't be able to change anything. Once invisible, you could.

Hope that helps.

Phrog30, that method would save me so much time.

I have always used the method I mentioned above. Your way would make designing a 'config' screen so much easier!

Learn something new everyday!!

Thanks for all ideas. Next I wish to know if I change FTView to the latest version (V6.1 ??), will it have complete feature for this solution or I still have to use these trigs.

Another way is to use the optional expression If CurrentUserHasCode() then ? else {tag}
The question mark represents the value the operator enters, for the tag use the same tag as in the value box. They can still enter numbers but if they don't have the security level it just writes the current tag value back into it. Using the optional expression does disable ramping though.