S7-1200 data log

h20pt

Hello

I've been trying to create a data log using the s7-1200 1214C CPU with firmware 2.0. I'm using STEP 7 V11 SP2 UPD3, so no compatibility issues.
Here's my program:

untitled.jpg

The %M176.1 is triggered by me.
%MW177 is the number of days in each month.
%MD205 is the number of the month of each data log that must be created.

In the first network,. all i do is catch the DONE (%M213.0) so i can use it to start the WRITE process.
Also, the WIRTE process is triggered by me (%M176.2).
The ID is the same that in the CREATE - %MD205 -> number of the month.

After that, and when the data log is completed, the log is automaticaly closed (Word = 1).
Also, the ID is again the same.

Was this supposed to work? I can create the Data Log with the CREATE function (I see it via Web Server) but the WRITE function won't work.. It won't write any values or data to the data log.. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

I really need this so i can finish my Master's.. And the deadline is almost here. Please..

Thanks

What does the Error parameter for the DataLogWrite show?

It shows ERROR 7000 (Call with no REQ edge: BUSY = 0, DONE = 0).
I don't get it, because the DATA LOG gets created and i can "catch" the DONE, but it won't write any values to it..
It's like it's not reading the WRITE REQ.. But it should read it.. Can't understand what's happening..

Really need help on this one o_O

I have never used the data log before but I would like to see it in action so I will attempt to help.
Have you tried without using the oneshot on the REQ input and making the call to the FC conditional?
I.e set call and request bits simultaneously (from the watch table). Reset the REQ bit when busy or done. Reset the call when done.
From the error it seems its expecting the call to the FC and the REQ to be high at the same time...

I have never used the data log before but I would like to see it in action so I will attempt to help.
Have you tried without using the oneshot on the REQ input and making the call to the FC conditional?
I.e set call and request bits simultaneously (from the watch table). Reset the REQ bit when busy or done. Reset the call when done.
From the error it seems its expecting the call to the FC and the REQ to be high at the same time...

I've already tried what you're saying but no luck.. Still the same issue.. Even when EN and REQ of WRITE FC are called at the exact same time (same trigger), it won't work.. No values are written to the Data Log (that gets created and works how it was supposed to).

You need to update the firmware version to atleast V2.2 or above.
V2.0 does not support datalog.

Are you sure? If it's not supported with this version (2.0), why do i have access to all blocks and functions of Data Log?

Please i really need help on this.. o_O

S7 1200 datalog

V2.0 has lot of issues apart from the one you have seen.
No online editing , no retentive memory .....
Better you contact Local Siemens guy or visit Siemens Web forum.
Well remember, upgrading to V2.2 costs money. You need to buy Siemens SD memory card. Call Siemens guy for further info.
What I have written is my first hand experience.

V2.0 has lot of issues apart from the one you have seen.
No online editing , no retentive memory .....
Better you contact Local Siemens guy or visit Siemens Web forum.
Well remember, upgrading to V2.2 costs money. You need to buy Siemens SD memory card. Call Siemens guy for further info.
What I have written is my first hand experience.

Thanks for the tip.
But regarding the program i posted on the OP, should it work the way it is?

I might have time to look at it after two days.

Alright. Thank you.

Check out this sample program: http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/guests/PostShow.aspx?PostID=279240&language=en

I got a recent project up and running based on this example with version 2 firmware.

Hope this helps

That's the same example i've used :)
So in theory it should work.. But it's not.. Bahh.. Have to wait until my 1212C arrives with 2.2 firmware.. Problem is time is running out :cry:

I finally found out the problem! I was trying to use a static data log ID (wich i thought i could do), but after i tried with a non-static one i saw that it was automaticaly changed by the PLC.
Just had to change that in order to everything work as it should ;)
Also, and for future reference, i was using the 2.2 firmware, but i'm pretty sure it should work as well using firware 2.0.

Thank you all for your help (y)