Keep getting timeout error from a panasonic FP0 Nais plc

capsol

So I started working on this old italian machine and it has an FP0 plc, I am using the fpwin gr 2.7 software and it lets me connect to it and upload the program but as soon as I run the machine or start sending more signals I get a timeout error disconnected and have to restart de software. I am doing this from a virtual machine so I dunno if it has something to do with it.

Could anybody help me with this? Even a hint would be great.

Thanks, also I am doing my first post even thou I have been reading you for 6 years.

http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/Panasonic/Panasonic-FP0-Manual.pdf

From the above manual:
"Extend the timeout time of the programmable display using the GTWIN. (The default setting is 5 seconds.)
Select “Transfer” from “File” in the menu bar. The “transfer data” screen will open. Select “Condition” to open “Communication Setting” screen. Change the value for “Timeout”.Click “OK” button to complete the change of setting."

This may help you out.
Regards,

http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/Panasonic/Panasonic-FP0-Manual.pdf

From the above manual:
"Extend the timeout time of the programmable display using the GTWIN. (The default setting is 5 seconds.)
Select “Transfer” from “File” in the menu bar. The “transfer data” screen will open. Select “Condition” to open “Communication Setting” screen. Change the value for “Timeout”.Click “OK” button to complete the change of setting."

This may help you out.
Regards,

So I forgot password for t he other account, anyway now on topic. That was the first thing that I tried and it didnt work. At the end i discarded possible solutions and found out that my chinese 232 converter was sucking, so I changed to a keyspan and that fixed everything.

Anyway thanks for the help.