Two RedLion's in network

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I have a RedLion G15 and a RedLion G306 that I have in a network. I am trying to use the G306 as an input device along with other devices, using TCP/IP. So, for example, if I have a pushbutton on the G306 I would like the G15 to see that pushbutton and indicate its state. I am not sure if I need gateway blocks or if there is another way to do this.
Thank you.

The only way I can think of is To use Modbus TCP. You will have to map your tags to Gateway Blocks. Add each unit to each other com tree like you would a PLC then read and write like it was a PLC.

Thank you. I did a search for RedLion before submitting my question but found nothing. I figured someone else has probably asked this question before. :site:

I posted an answer "way back when" in the other thread regarding both Modbus and a Gateway, but the easier way using the display's OPC communications. If the pushbutton your are referring to is momentary, then there really won't be anything to "display" on the other display - it will happen too fast. Of course, there are ways around that, too.

Here is the text from my other post...

It is very simple to do. As has been mentioned before, create Modbus/TCP Slave Gateway Blocks and associate the tags that you want to display on the other screen. On the second screen, create Modbus/TCP Master Tags and map them to the Modbus Registers in the other screen. This is the most robust solution.

If you only want to view a few points and speed is not an issue, there is a second option. Enable OPC Proxy in the Main Screen and then add and OPC TCP/IP Master to the Second Screen. The Device that is automatically created in the second screen will be called HMIx (x is some number). Set the IP Address to that of the Main Screen and attach the Main Screen configuration file under Device Address Space.

Then you can create new tags and attach them to the HMIx just like you would other devices.