RJ45 to DB9 Pinout Help

Bateman87

Morning everyone,

I am having trouble finding information on the following subject and was hoping someone could help.

I have an application that will be using a Xenox 1900 barcode reader that has a RJ-45 connector plug. I want to get the barcode reader talking through a 9 pin Dsub connector with a MicroLogix 1400 processor.

I have not been able to find a wiring diagram on the correct pinouts for each connector. ( RJ-45 and 9 Pin Dsub)

I tried calling Honeywell and Xenox for help, but they have don't have any diagrams.

If anyone could lend a hand, that would be great.

Thank you

I do not believe that there is a standard for serial (rs232or 485) RJ45 pinout. Each manufacturer can have whatever pinout they choose. Contacting Xenox would be the best course.

Xenon seems to be just the brand. I can not find any information on them on google. Honeywell has no idea as to what the pinout would be either. I have called them twice now and they are no help.

I did find THIS which gives the pinouts. Note that it's a 10-pin RJ41, although an RJ-45 will likely work. Just remember to offset the pin numbers by one. Based on that drawing, pins 4 and 5 at the scanner would go to pins 2 and 3 at the PLC (might need to be swapped), and pin 3 goes to pin 5.

🍻

-Eric