RSlogix 5000 PID Scaling

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

This is our first time using the PID block in RSL5000. For simplicity sake, we have the CV and PV tied to an analog output and input respectively. Both are scaled 4-20 in engineering units (4000 to 20000).

In the PID block are inputs for CV Low Limit and CV High Limit. Should these be in % or should these match the 4000 and 20000 range of the analog output?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Similar Topics

Hi, Long time not in the forum, and not in the programming. I´m getting back. I was issued a conversion from RSLogix 500 to RSLogix 5000 (studio...
Replies
Views
So I have a PID loop on an 1756-L61 running V17 software just for background. Also the PID PV is a pressure transmitter and the CV is speed sent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a PID control application that I would like to get your opinions on. As I am reality new to PID loops I am struggling somewhat...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am confuse with the scaling tab on the PID dialog box. On the Process variable I am using a tag that is already scale. 0 to 16 Feet Level...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to understand the best method of providing bumpless transfer to the PID function (not PIDE) The existing code shows In Manual...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom