ladder logic program

arlo f

i need a three floor elevator program in ladder logic. it is supposed to light up the corresponding lights on a trainer, in any order they are pressed. this is for a class project. i should be able to go from 1st floor to any of the other two, with a 5 second delay between each floor,(ten between one and three)it needs to go either up or down. we are using an AB micrologix 1000 (analog) PLC with RX Logics 500. it also needs to be a continuous program, to where i can continue to go to any floor at any time, no matter how many times it has been used. i have gotten as far as going from one to two, and from two to three, get stuck at this point, could someone please help me on this?

First Tell us what you have.

Show us some of your code. Your inputs/outputs, how you think it is suppose to work. We are glad to help you, but we will not do it for you. We (well, really other people, I just watch and learn) will give you advice and let you take it from there.

There is only one way to learn, do it. If it don't work troubleshoot it.

Hey, arfo... (no mis-spelling there... it is as intended)

Can you say... "Would you like Fries with that order, Ma'am?"

If you don't come back and show some serious effort then all I can say is...

You represent the squalor and slime of your generation.

SHAME ON YOU!

Don't get so defensive, we are trying to help you not hurt you.
That is help you to "learn" and not depend on others the rest of your life.
If all of your generation were like you, it would be the "last" generation.
TIA

You do realize that by your response you have shown you are not capable of learning. Those kind of responses will not get you far in the real world, these same people may be the ones you will work with or for.

There were several offers of assistance if you provided the information of what you have already done. These people make a living doing this, they help of their own accord but naturally will not provide your homework for you.

Arlo,

Just so you don't think we are willing to help, here is a 6-floor elevator program!! It is one that I wrote years ago when I was out in the mountains and needed to troubleshoot an old obsolete elevator at an Army arsenal. It was written for Microsoft Excel, but perhaps you can convert it over to your particular PLC. If you can convert it, then you probably could write it from scratch... Just change the extension to Elevator.xls before you try to view it. What type of PLC are you using anyway? There are many different types, and a program written on one will not run on another brand.

Last edited:
arlo I completely agree with Terry, and FYI I am a member of your generation so hold off on the tyrade please.

Well, Bernie, I haven't found it to be very prevalent. Guys with that kind of attitude problem don't usually have the grit to stick with and graduate from a challenging technical program.

I find that most young people are actually willing to work hard and learn once they are shown how to do it. Some need "toughening up" because they haven't had to deal with the swift kick in the rump us old coots got in our younger days when we screwed up. They also don't seem to understand that the world only provides what you pull out of it by shear effort, again because they didn't have to fight their way into their incomes and education. In all honesty, though, the fundamental character of most youngsters is pretty much the same as their elder's. Given a few experiences of disaster creation and recovery they start to do just fine.

I have noticed a couple of differences that seem to be generationally based. First, the younger set is much more collaborative in their work habits. I grew up wanting to do everything on my own, whereas they seem to want to exchange views and achieve consensus on decisions. They also seem to be loathe to appear judgemental. When I am dealing with a worthless so and so I'm not shy about calling them a worthless so and so to their face. The young guys are quite shocked when negative views about others are expressed.