Converting PLC ladder in Fuzzy Logic

chico

Hi folks !!

I need to convert my fuzzy logic into PLC ladder and vice-versa.

Does somebody knows how can i do that ???

Thanks.

Francisco ;)

Chico

First of all I would like to state here and now that:-

(Stands up and places left hand on bible and right hand on heart )

I, PLucas, do hereby declare that what I know about Fuzzy Logic you could write on the back of a postage stamp in block capitals and still leave room for the Lords prayer

(Sits back down )

As as far as I am concerned ladder logic deals with 1's and 0's, on's and off's, true and false, black and white (forgetting analogue I/O here), where as fuzzy logic can deal with all the different shades of grey between black and white, so will they convert from one to the other?

I don't think I can answer that, I am sure Tery Woods can and probably will, so it's over to you Terry and any others who can either back me up on this OR put me right!

Paul

Way back in time I took some canned code from a Mitsu rep that had done the fuzzy algorithm and we put it in a melsec/FX it worked and well. The only problem I had was the sample time was to slow for my application. It actually was on a production injection molder. I had to reverse engineer the code to get a good understanding to work it into my application it had 8 loops , it was like holding a book in the mirror upside down and in foreign language with the lights out. But I finally got it. I could dig it up if you would like, its high level mitsubishi instructions. It was by a brilliant individual, Mark Jones, who I take my hat off to ..... Hope he still is in industry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"When are the Golden Globe awards handed out for most outstanding PLC programmer? I would nominate this guy."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

yes both ways is no big problemjust give me programs and will convert them for you wihile i am at sea.
however the level is not 8 but only 4 normal this is enough.
fuzzy to ladder will simplify
ladder to fuzzy is not practicle as it is only overdone.

Shooter,

I've been through Tenbosch! My parents lived in Tilburg for 5 months a couple of years ago, and when I went to visit them they took me up to 's-Hertogenbosch for a little tour. Plus, everywhere we went by train had to stop there.

Sorry about the non-PLC related post...I just got excited when I saw somebody from a town in Holland that I had visited.