DIY CO2 Monitor Controller Recorder

Hi,

I've noticed that CO2 controllers are retarded and sell for 500 $

Can you tell me how I could assemble a CO2 sensing chip,

then read the signal from it so that it will power on and off

a Type B power outlet ?

Any comments welcomed !

Dominique

Exactly @Bit_Bucket_07, you are on the right track.

So first steps is to avoid anything on American ground, because that will be 5-10 times the cost automatically.

@TWS, Why would that sensor cost 100 $ ? (Hint: because the seller pockets 80 $+)

Assumption :

So let's say I find a sensor that does the job for 10 $

Now what ? How do I read it's output ?

Thanks guys

Exactly @Bit_Bucket_07, you are on the right track.

So first steps is to avoid anything on American ground, because that will be 5-10 times the cost automatically.

@TWS, Why would that sensor cost 100 $ ? (Hint: because the seller pockets 80 $+)

Assumption :

So let's say I find a sensor that does the job for 10 $

Now what ? How do I read it's output ?

Thanks guys
You go to Engineering school. Maybe that will be under $500 Canadian too?

Lol

Yeah, Been there done that.

Still paying 500 $ a month on my school loan lol

no job.

I guess that's why we're screwed, all those would be engineers are wanking.

Anybody else knows how to read the output of a sensor chip ?

Dom

Process_engineer123,

Since you have posted this as a DIY project, i am going to
assume ( i hate that word, gets me into trouble ) this is to see if you can indeed build it yourself. Go for it !!

If this is for the company you work for or for sale to others,
then you must meet strict guidelines, sensing guidelines, calibration requirements, and go through the certification process. Public Safety regulations are in place.

We use lots of gas meters here and they are tested monthly and are also sent off for certification yearly.

just som information for you.

regards,
james

Good to know !

Indeed this is DIY for now, to make it work cheap and dirty.

It's interesting to know what other steps would be required for mass distribution or to meet high quality standards.

Thanks.

@Bit_Bucket_07

I disagree with you.

I think the sensor is 100 $ because it is being mass produced for 10 $ or less and then sold by an american company for 100 $.

I don't think that other sensors coming off the circuit print press in China are worth 100 $, more like 1 $.

For 500 $, I can get more then a sensor and a dial, I can get a laptop with an LCD screen and network card and keyboard lol.

I bought a model today for 390 $ canadian, with an adjustable set point. It will be a good compromise for my situation.

I just felt too demoralized to go near 500 $ for a box of plastic.

even the adruino CO2 sesnor is like 80 $ or less !

Dom

CO2 gas sensor arduino gives a cheap one costing 5 euro however i know it has problemswith other gaasses the IR is a lot better and costing 100 euro
arduino costs 10 euro a relay board10 euro.
a power supply 5 euro.
software zero euro
buy also carbonmonoxide as this is only 5 euro and gives safety.
more info arduino.cc