Siemens Edge IPC

russg

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience in using a Siemens Edge device to collect data locally to then be passed up to an MES server? If so, do you have any detail on how it was done?

I'm exploring this option at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there.

This is a very open ended question. What type of data do you need to store? What is the generation point of the data? What devices are you using? What interfaces does your MES System have?

From a Siemens IPC standpoint, they are just very capable industrial PCs with great support for their product lifetime, and upgrade paths afterwards. You can basically run any application/OS on the IPCs and be the bridge between your automation equipment and MES.

Similar Topics

Hi all I have a issue with a Siemens 1500 displaying an io alarm and when I acknowledge it asks for a password, I have asked the OEM for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i need to filters alarms (if is possible) by using the report groups. Also, i need to aknowledge all alrms preset by pressed a graphics...
Replies
Views
I am new with siemens which instruction is used as Rising Edge One Shot. |p|. I need whenever Rising edge is detect only execute instruction one...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom